Our next stop on the series trip is at New York; at Waystar Royco, an international media conglomerate owned by the Roy family headed by Logan Roy. The story is about how the family contemplates about what the future holds for them beginning with if or when Logan will step down as CEO.
Succession explores themes of power, politics, money, and family. There is a lot of power play, scheming and manipulation all around.
1. Where would you rank it among your favorite shows?
I’d place it in my top 60.
2. From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I’d rate myself at 8. The characters are really all uniquely flawed and so are interesting to watch.
3. How did you discover the show?
My friend and YouTuber Aphua Larbi reviewed and recommended the show on her vlog. Since I trust her judgment on TV series, I made up my mind to watch it. And as always, it’s a great show. Thanks, Aphua!
4. What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
I found it instantly captivating after getting introduced to the main characters – Logan, Kendall, Siobhan and Roman Roy. Their level of manipulation never ceases to amuse me.
5. Why do you like the show?
I love the show because all the characters are deeply flawed and their interactions just keep getting interesting from episode to episode.
6. Who are your favorite characters?
Logan – He’s a tough nut to crack. Stubborn and unpredictable.
Kendall – Impatient, not discerning much, scheming
Roman – Unserious, bit intimidated by Roy, fun-loving, outspoken
Siobhan – Indecisive, conflicted
Tom – Interesting, considered average by Roy family
7. Who is your crush on the show?
None. They are all too messed up for comfort.
8. If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Between Shiv and Gerry, maybe Shiv.
9. Favorite season
Season 1. The pace kept the intrigue and suspense at boiling point.
10. Do you follow the cast and show on Facebook and Twitter?
I follow the show on Facebook.
11. Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Logan, Tom, Kendall, Shiv, Roman
12. If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
Brian Cox who plays Logan Roy. He did a fantastic job playing his character.
13. What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
Some parents can be very difficult and almost impossible to understand. It takes patience and tact to get what you want from them. No matter how dysfunctional your family might be, it’s still your family and no one has your back like family.
When a business grows bigger, so does its enemies. Its values are likely to be compromised due to the influencers of new shareholders but that should be protected at all times.
Do you watch Succession? What do you love about the show? Kindly share and thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2020