Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, right? That’s a fundamental human right by all standards. However, some people hold outrageous and unbelievable opinions that you may be tempted to think they could not have meant what they said. Perhaps they just wanted to see your reaction or better yet, go viral online. You try to laugh it off and realize ‘Oh whoa, they actually meant it.’
These are a few that I came across online that made me arch a brow so high I felt my eye twitch.
- Dogs aren’t that great: Like seriously? A dog is man’s best friend for crying out loud! I love dogs because they are cute, caring and protective…even the awful looking ones.
- I loathe dresses with pockets: How could you hate dresses with pockets? I hate it when I see a lovely dress to wear out but is pocket-less. Where do I keep my handkerchief and phone for instance? That’s why I’d have to go for jeans most of the time because a girl needs her pockets.
- Avocado is disgusting: which part is, seriously? It’s soft, not too sweet and makes you feel so healthy! What’s disgusting about that?
- All things Harry Potter is total garbage: Mister, Miss, please don’t insult my childhood. Harry Potter remains one of my best series reads of all time. Despite the fantasy setting, it was so relatable to me – good friends, weird family, favorite and monster teachers, haters and admirers…the whole works.
- Walking on the beach isn’t that great: I mean how? What is there not to like, really? The breeze calming you down, the waves washing your feet, the sun and sand warming you up…I find it therapeutic.
- If I don’t have anywhere to be, I kinda like sitting in traffic: Um…what? I’ve never heard of anyone who enjoys traffic no matter how unoccupied one is. But seriously, if you don’t have anywhere to go, why step out in the first place? Beats my mind.
Okay, now I’m going to share one unpopular opinion of mine: I’m sure some of my lady friends will be mad at me but hey, that’s me. Here it goes:
I see makeup as a waste of time.
Yep, I said it. I can’t see myself dedicating precious minutes to just putting stuff on my face. I’m too conscious of my pores to do that. If it is for special occasions, sure. But every single day? Nah, I’d rather find something to watch or read. Also, I feel that if you make up your face every time, that becomes your new normal and the day you happen not to, you look and feel odd. That’s unfair to your self-identity and self-appreciation.
What is your unpopular opinion and why do you hold it? Kindly share and thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2019