Although this show ended some time back, it remains one of my favorites. It tells the story of Nikita, a former recruit of a secret government agency called Division who seeks retribution against her former bosses after finding out Division exists to recruit and train young people to become cold-blooded killers. She does all she can to expose and Division’s covert operations along with other former recruits.
1. Where would you rank it among your favorite shows?
I’d place it in my top 50.
2. From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I’d rate myself at 7. I was really into the show while it lasted. Great entertainment.
3. How did you discover the show?
I think it was my brother who introduced me to the show.
4. What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
I loved the makeup of the show: a little action, a love story between Nikita and Michael, Alex’s back story and relationship with Nikita as well as relishing the villainous acts of Amanda and Percy. It kept getting better.
5. Why do you like the show?
I loved the show because of its direction. Each twist brought something fresh to the show so it didn’t grow stale.
6. Who’s your favorite character?
Alex. She evolved on the show which was nice to watch.
7. Least favorite character
I think I liked almost all the characters…including the villains.
8. Who is your crush on the show?
That would be Michael. He had a good heart.
9. If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Alex, I think. She was strong willed and not easily swayed.
10. Favorite season
Don’t remember all but I particularly liked seasons 1-3.
11. Do you follow the cast and show on Facebook and Twitter?
No, I don’t. I don’t think I was following shows on social media back then.
12. Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Nikita, Alex, Michael and Percy.
13. If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
Those who played the characters aforementioned.
14. What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
People may have used you or hurt you and you may want to exact revenge or try to redeem yourself. Whatever you do, don’t lose yourself in the process and don’t sacrifice your loved ones just for a temporary feeling of revenge pleasure. Love covers a multitude of wrongs.
Did you watch Nikita? What did you like about the show? Kindly share your thoughts and thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2019