Welcome aboard! I’m not really a fan of water but Last Ship does make me feel like living on top of it and kicking some ass while at it! This series is loosely based on a novel with the same name written by William Brinkley. Season one tells the story of a lone unaffected US Navy ship which after a global viral pandemic wipes out over 80% of the world’s population, must do all that it takes to find a cure, stop the virus, and save humanity. Subsequent seasons tell the same basic story though with different enemies but with similar intentions.
- Where does the show rank on your favorites’ list?
- From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
Maybe a 5.
- How did you discover the show?
I used to be a big fan of Eric Dane on the Grey’s Anatomy when he played “McSteamy”, the plastic surgeon. So I found out he was going to play as captain of a navy ship, I was more than glad to watch it!
- What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
The setting was different, one thing that got me hooked. I enjoy watching the relationship between the leaders and the crew in terms of respect and team work. I found each episode refreshing to watch, seeing how the crew had each other’s back on enemy grounds.
- Why do you like the show?
Eric Dane is in the show, what is there not to like? Lol. I get to learn something out of my comfort zone watching it.
- Who are your favorite characters in the show?
Captain Thomas Chandler, Mike, Jeter, Sasha, ‘Wolf Man’ Taylor, Alisha…I love all the crew members.
- Least favorite character in the show?
I didn’t like Alisha’s mother one bit in season two. After what the crew members on the Nathan James went through, she thought she could use the cure for her selfish interests. I’m so glad she was killed off.
- How would you kill off your favorite character?
That’s a tough one. Perhaps Tom Chandler sacrificing himself to save his ship and crew members.
- Who is your crush on the show?
Captain on deck!
- If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Either Dr. Rachel Scott or Sasha. Both strong, brave and patriotic women.
- Favorite season
I loved season one and my favourite episode was the finale! Here I was, watching and at the same time, praying it wouldn’t end!
- Do you follow the cast and show on Twitter and Facebook?
I follow the show on Facebook.
- Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Tom Chandler, Sasha, Jeter, Mike…
- If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
- What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
Team work is invaluable. No matter how huge the obstacle seems, when a group is committed to overcome, nothing can stand in the way. It takes selflessness, integrity and trust to keep a team together. Every team player is important no matter how small his/her task might seem. Respect for one another is key.
Do you watch the show? Do you enjoy it? What do you like about the show? Kindly share your thoughts and thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2017