If you are a telenovela lover, then you should have watched, El cuerpo del deseo (Second Chance). Even for those who aren’t soap opera enthusiasts, most people admit it is one of the best stories ever told. As the title suggests, it tells the story of an old rich man ( Don Pedro) who was given a second chance to life in a new and younger body (Salvador) only to find out things were not as they seemed.
- Where does the show rank on your favorites’ list?
- From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I’d rate myself at 6.
- How did you discover the show?
About three TV stations aired it so I got to watch the show twice.
- What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
The curious part of me was tickled and each episode got more revealing; getting to see the same people with a different lens. Always made me think of how differently I’d see the people I think I know so well with a different face. I wanted to see how Pedro would exact revenge on Isabel and Andrés for their betrayal. Surprisingly, he was still fascinated by Isabel’s beauty (he proved to be a man after all).
- Why do you like the show?
I love the show because Pedro José Donoso, the protagonist got the opportunity that none of us would ever get: see people close to us for the true nature; see those who really cared and those who were only sycophants.
- Who are your favorite characters in the show?
Pedro José Donoso/Salvador Cerinza, Isabel (Pedro’s wife), and Angela (Pedro’s daughter).
- Least favorite character in the show?
Andrés Corona (Isabel’s lover and second husband). He was sneaky and just a wrong partner. No wonder Isabel wore black on her wedding day when getting married to him.
- Favorite villain
I’d say Andrés. To covet your boss’ woman and take his place right after his death makes him a villain in my TV book.
- How would you kill off your favorite character?
Pedro? I’ll go for how he did in the show…his soul leaving the Salvador’s body. It was such an emotional moment for me!
- Who is your crush on the show?
Salvador. Who else?
- If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Maybe Angela. She knew Isabel to be a gold digger from the start and did her best to protect her father’s interests.
- Do you follow the cast and show on Twitter and Facebook?
No, I don’t.
- Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Don Pedro himself, Isabel and Salvador.
- If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
The ones who played the characters mentioned above but Isabel unfortunately lost the battle to cancer. May her soul rest in peace.
- What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
Not everyone who smiles at us, has good intentions towards us. Oftentimes, it’s the people closest to us who hurt us the most. Most importantly, the best revenge to exact on people who hurt us is to forgive them.
Did you ever watch the show? What are your thoughts on it? Kindly share and thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2017