I had to search my ‘archives’ to remember that I had watched this show some years back. Being a teen drama series, it was quite popular back in the day. It told the lives of a clique of privileged students from Manhattan’s Upper East Side, both in and out of school and the ‘unknown terrorist’ who would watch their every move and reveal their secrets. It tried to paint a picture of how upper class people live and if there was one thing I noticed, it was that the rich also cry.
- Where would you rank the show on your favorites’ list?
Between top 20 and 30.
- From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I’d rate myself a 2 or 3.
- How did you discover the show?
I had heard about it for a while but it was during my year abroad program that I realized everyone in my hostel was watching it. Being a big fan of drama series, I decided to give it a try.
- What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
I found it a fun way to while away my leisure time. Some seasons were more exciting than others but I watched them anyway.
- Why do you like the show?
I love teen drama series. They are full of drama and energy.
- Who’s your favorite character in the show?
I loved Chuck’s character. Very business-minded and sweet in his own way.
- Least favorite character in the show
Jenny Humphrey and Jessica, Nate’s supposed childhood friend. Her role was totally unsubstantial.
- How would you kill off your favorite character?
Perhaps Chuck moving out of Upper East Side to start a business somewhere.
9. Who’s your crush on the show?
Chuck and Nate.
10. If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Maybe Blair. She had her issues but her heart was in a good place.
11. Favorite season
Don’t have one in mind.
12. Do you follow the cast on Twitter and Facebook?
13. Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Chuck, Nate, Blair and Serena.
14. If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
Blake Lively and Leighton Meester.
15. What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
Wherever you are and whatever you do, someone is watching you. So if you claim to possess a certain trait, then you might as well, portray it everywhere you go. The rich have their issues and insecurities, something keeps them up at night just like the lower class person. Keeping friends who appreciate you for who you really are is priceless.
Ever watched Gossip Girl? What did you like or dislike about the show? Kindly share your thoughts. XOXO!
© Josephine Amoako 2017
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter here. Thanks!***