This is one of the longest TV shows still running. The show as well as the characters have evolved with time such that every loyal follower of the show would feel that they have grown with them and feel some sentiments towards them. It is the story of two brothers, Dean and Sam Winchester who took after their father’s job of hunting dark creatures, sacrificing their lives and interests for each other’s sake more than once and finding a friend in an angel and making alliance with the king of hell. It’s about family, loyalty and fight against the powers of darkness.
- Where would you rank the show in your list of favorites?
- From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I’m not obsessed with it although I enjoy watching it every much. Maybe a 3.
- How did you discover the show?
I was downloading some episodes of other TV series and I happened to accidentally a Supernatural episode of its ninth season. I liked that episode very much that I decided to download from season 1 and helped myself to some binge watching.
- What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
The various dark creatures with their stories of origin intrigued me so I was curious to know about the ‘reason’ behind certain weird behaviors people put up sometimes. It changed when the story began to focus more on the relationship between the central characters than the forces they were fighting. That kept me glued.
- Why do you like the show?
I like watching the brothers fight and make up as well as have each other’s back in challenging times. I enjoy watching the bromance-it’s cute.
- Who is your favorite character in the show?
- Least favorite character in the show
Ruby, the demon who lured Sam into feeding on blood for her own selfish reasons.
- How would you kill off your favorite character?
That’s difficult; most likely one brother sacrificing his life for the other.
- Who is your crush on the show?
Dean and Castiel, I guess. They are amusing to watch. I enjoyed their chemistry in the early seasons.
- If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Judy, the cop. She’s motherly and has a big heart.
- Favorite season(s)
Five and six. Five was very emotionally intense with Sam choosing to sacrifice himself by locking Lucifer in a cage with himself. I enjoyed season six as I saw Sam in a different light-without a soul. It was interesting watching sensitive Sam turn into a cold, heartless being. Great season.
- Do you follow the cast/show on Twitter and Facebook?
I do follow the show on Facebook and some of the cast members on Twitter.
- Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Dean, Sam, Castiel and Crowley.
- If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
- What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
Love and loyalty triumphs in the end no matter what. And sometimes, family transcends blood ties.
Do you watch Supernatural? What do you think of the show? What keeps you watching the show? Kindly share your thoughts.
© Josephine Amoako 2017
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks!***