24 is one of my all-time favorites; I dare say it’s one of the best TV shows ever produced. The plot so well thought out keeps you on edge till you get to the final episode. And you can’t help but crave for more. I was totally late for the party; I began watching the series when the seventh season was running. But I caught up in a couple of weeks. I remember, watching the episodes was my ‘break time’ from studying in the university. I would read one topic, watch one episode in that order till I realize it was dark! Yep, I just couldn’t get enough. So let’s get on with the questions, shall we?
- Where would you rank the show on your favorites’ list?
Number one with Prison Break.
- From 1-10, how obsessed are you?
I was 11! I even used to dream about it.
- How did you discover the show?
A good friend of mine introduced me to the show after having a heated argument about whether 24 or Prison Break was the best show. He asked me to watch and judge for myself. I couldn’t disagree any longer.
- What was your initial thought of the show and did it change after watching it?
It was an intriguing show and it just got better and better.
- Why do you like the show?
Why won’t I like the show? The plot is always on point; the characters are captivating and the story never gets old!
- Who is your favorite character in the show?
- Least favorite character in the show.
The CTU Director in season 8. He just dey bore.
- How would you kill off your favorite character?
Jack Bauer? Sacrifice himself to save his country in an unforgettable event.
- Who is your crush on the show?
Jack Bauer. Risking his life anytime he could to save others was an act worth emulating.
- If you were to be a character, who would you choose?
Chloe. She was a great ally to Jack and she was so good behind the PC that it was fascinating to see her in action.
- Favorite season.
I’ve loved every season but I’d say season 6 is my favorite. The president character in that season was particularly fun to watch; he was such a twisted character.
- Favorite villain?
Nina Myers. She knew which buttons to push to provoke Jack.
- Do you follow the cast on Twitter and Facebook?
I follow Kiefer and Mary Lynn on Facebook.
- Which of the characters would you like to meet?
Jack but not as a target for interrogation lol.
- If you could meet any of the actors, who would it be?
- What lesson(s) have you learnt from the show?
I’ve learnt that everyone believes in a cause they think is just but that is not necessarily true.
Whatever your skills or abilities are, use them to serve God and country.
So that’s my take on the legendary 24! It’s airing again under the name 24: Legacy but with a new cast. I’m not too enthusiastic about this one because I feel it would not be as good as the one headlined by Jack Bauer. I may be wrong so if you’re following the ‘rebranded’ one, kindly share your thoughts on the show. Maybe I’ll get inspired and watch it. But I have to say that there’s no 24 without Jack Bauer!
© Josephine Amoako 2017
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks!***