Hi there, hope your weekend is going well. This week, I’ve decided to do a mash up of my favorite comedy shows. Hopefully you watch or have watched a couple of them or perhaps all of them which would be great because it would mean you can relate to this post better.
Life can get tedious sometimes and we all need something to make us laugh our headaches away and make us feel a little better. They are super hilarious and serve as great prescriptions to combat boredom and stress.
Pick 5 shows you like before reading the questions.
- The Big Bang Theory-entails the interesting lives of some scientists and their family/friends.
- Two and a Half Men (ended)-started as the story of a rich soundtrack composer and his broke and divorced brother with his young son.
- Melissa and Joey (ended)-Tells the story of a former corporate guy who becomes the nanny for a local councilwoman’s nephew and niece. The relationship begins to evolve as the nanny becomes part of the family and madam and nanny start developing feelings…
- Last Man Standing-Is about the Baxters and their significant others, neighbors and friends.
- Modern Family-tells of the interesting lives of an intertwined and diverse range of family types.
- Favorite character in 2?
Alan Harper, hands down! The guy is so talented and hilarious! He makes being broke look so pathetically funny! Just recalling some of his scenes makes me laugh so hard. I hope he gets to star in another comedy series soon.
- Least favorite character in 1
I love all the regular characters. Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Leonard, Amy, Stuart…they are all funny in their own way; no wonder they have kept the show running for ten seasons.
- Favorite episode of 4
Can’t pick out any one episode. They have all been great.
- Favorite season of 5
Hmm…2 or 3? I stopped watching Modern Family after season 5 after my external device crashed. Never got around watching 6.
- Favorite relationship in 3
Melissa and Joey! I liked the way Melissa let Joey run the home like he was the one in charge and how she always consulted him in how to cater for or discipline the teens. The love was bound to develop.
- How long have you watched 1?
For a while…I started watching Big Bang from season 3, I think so. I binge watched some of the seasons so let’s say 5 or 6 years. Wow!
- How did you become interested in 3?
How? I particularly enjoy watching family-friendly shows. And seeing a cocky guy work as a nanny under a self-sufficient female boss peaked my interest.
- Favorite actor in 4
Tim Allen who plays Mike Baxter. He has a strong influence over his girls and no one needs to tell you he is the man of the house.
- Which show do you prefer 1, 2 or 5?
I like all of them! But Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men trump Modern Family for me.
- Which show have you seen more episodes of 1 or 3?
Big Bang Theory-because it has aired more seasons; already at 10 and Melissa and Joey has already ended at season 4.
- If you could be anyone from 4 who would you be?
Vanessa Baxter-she is such a supportive mother and an interesting life partner.
- How would you kill off any character in 5?
Tough question. I don’t know.
- Would a ¾ crossover work?
Melissa and Joey and Last Man Standing? Let’s see, Melissa could be Vanessa’s cousin since they are both blondes…and Mike making fun of Joey as a nanny…yeah, I think it would work.
- Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple.
Unlikely…Howard and Penny. Okay, that’s strange lol.
- Overall, which show has the better cast 3 or 5?
I think they both have good casts. I can’t choose one over the other.
- Which has the better theme music, 2 or 4?
Two and a Half Men! I even downloaded the soundtrack and used it a ringtone at a point. Man, Man, man, man, manly man, man, man, man…🎶cool track.
So you have it; if you’re looking for some hilarious, family friendly sitcoms for your viewing pleasure, I recommend the above-named shows. I’d also recommend Blackish; although some episodes are funnier than others but enlightening as well. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.
Do share your favorite shows with me in the comments. One’s heart can never get enough of good laughter, can it?
© Josephine Amoako 2017
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks!***