I found another question tag post on the resourceful The Blog Tag Facebook group and I decided to try my hands on it. Hopefully by the end of this post, you would have considered how you personally interpret the world and if there’s a need to change or improve on it. Ready? I am when you are.
- How do you interpret the world? (Glad half full or half empty type of person?)
I’d say I’m more of a half full type of person. I’m not a blind optimistic; I’m rational about things to an extent but no matter how bad things get, I know there’s always a bright side to it. And keeping such a perspective helps me not to beat myself down.
- Have you ever misinterpreted a situation and it got you into a mess? Tell us about it.
I’m sure I have but getting into a mess, I don’t think so. I remember watching the trailer for the Gone Girl movie trailer and I thought I had figured the plot and realized I was so wrong when I watched it. I was impressed that I was outsmarted.
- Do you believe that interpretation is something you acquire through learning or is it a natural instinct in all of us?
I believe we are all born with the instincts to interpret situations but we get better at it through conscious study.
- What is the worst memory of someone misinterpreting your words/actions?
I can’t think of one (perhaps one of the perks of being introvert; you speak less and gives little room for misinterpretation lol)
How do you interpret the following songs (what do you think the artist is trying to say?)
- The Weeknd-Can’t feel my face
I don’t know this song so I’ll pass.
- OMI-Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) (Official Video)
First heard the Pentatonix cover of it and I loved it! The song reminds me of what I need in a friend as well as what I need to portray to my friends and loved ones-be right there when they need me and give them love and affection. It is a lovely song.
- Adele- Hello
Hello from the other side! I understand the song to be one reaching out to a loved one after having drifted apart and reminiscing about what they shared together and apologizing for whatever wrong was committed. Beautifully composed.=
- Do you think interpretation is important in a person’s daily life?
It is. Our reaction or response to any statement or situation is based on how we interpret what was communicated to us. And if we miss the point, we’re likely to make a mess.
- As a blogger, do you sometimes find it difficult to get readers to understand your interpretation of a situation through your writing?
Fortunately, no. I’m grateful that my readers appreciate and relate to most of my writings and even if they share a different opinion, they express it freely but I don’t lose them with my pieces.
- Are you worried about how people may interpret your words or actions?
I do consider how others would interpret what I say and do but I don’t worry about it. Worrying means I’d have to second-guess my every move so people don’t get the wrong idea but hey, you can’t control how people perceive and interpret things.
- When speaking: Soft spoken or straight forward
- When speaking: hand gestures or no hand gestures
Hand gestures, I think but not excessive.
- When concentrating: noise around you or noise
No noise. But I love to have music in the background. Music isn’t noise, right?
- Preference in confrontation: passive aggressive or straight forward
I don’t like confrontations much so I do my best to avoid them. But I’m not passive aggressive; if I need to do it, I will not be backhanded about it. I’ll deal with it and move on.
What do you think? Are we more alike or dissimilar? Kindly share your thoughts.
© Josephine Amoako 2017
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks!***
***I’d appreciate it if you filled out this survey for some feedback. Thanks!***