I happened to come across the questions below on Thought Catalog blog and I thought they would be fun to answer. I hope you’ll have fun reading them and perhaps inspire you to answer them yourself and help throw a little more light on your personality. They are quite a lot so get yourself a drink or snack and let’s do this. So here we go!
- What’s the first thing you grab for in the morning?
My Bible. I switch off my phone before I go to bed so it kills off the temptation to pick it up first thing when I wake up. My Daddy comes first.
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
- What do you think people notice most about you?
My laughter and reserved nature, I guess.
- What do you hope people notice most about you?
My need for privacy.
- What is your biggest weakness/fatal flaw?
My quasi unsocial behavior.
- What is your biggest strength?
My loyalty to the people I care about.
- What to you is the perfect, most ideal age to be?
Every age has its perks. It all depends on what you do with each number.
- High school. Awesome or terrible?
In between the two. Had some of my best and worst times there.
- Cats or dogs?
Both! I take care of 3 dogs and two cats and I love them so much!
- Adjective that best describes you when you’re drunk?
I don’t drink so not applicable.
- Why do you love your best friend so much?
Because she’s one of the best gifts God has given me.
- Where do you want to go more than any other place in the world?
Israel! I’d love to see the historical places…walk where Jesus walked, stand where he hung or touch where he lay in the tomb. Who will sponsor me to Israel?!
- Beaches or snow?
Beach, I think. Love the serenity. Doesn’t snow on my side of the planet and I’d love to experience it but I can’t stand the cold weather for long so I’d take the beach. Dreaming of a beach house right now.
- What is your absolute, number one, biggest pet peeve?
- What is one personality trait you simply have no time for?
Arrogance with no substance-my mum calls such persons ‘empty barrels.’
- Zodiac, MBTI or Birth Order?
Don’t believe of any of the above. It’s God’s grace which takes me through each day and determines my fate.
- Do you believe in something after death?
Life after death, you mean? Yes, I do. And thanks to sweet Jesus, I know where I’ll spend eternity.
- How does someone instantaneously get on your good side?
By sharing a common interest in books, TV shows and movies.
- How about your bad side?
Trying to invade my personal space when you’re a total stranger and asking too many personal questions.
- How do you hope you’re described by people when you’re not around?
Passionate about writing and TV shows.
- What is your least favorite attribute about yourself?
- Is it okay to sleep with socks on?
Not for me.
- Coffee or tea?
Tea! I love the smell of coffee but not a big fan.
- How many dates until you feel like it’s okay to have sex with someone?
Don’t subscribe to that. No sex before marriage regardless of how many dates we’ve been on.
- What is your love language?
Quality time together.
- Do you or do not believe in ghosts?
Hmm…I’m of the view that everything with a name exists but believing in ghosts to have some sort of power, nope.
- What’s your vice?
Used to be harboring resentments but I’m working on it.
- Twitter, Facebook or Instagram?
Love all three but Facebook is multi-functional for me.
- Favorite artist?
- Odd numbers or even numbers?
Odd. They sound cool and important. 21, 99…
- Do you believe in organizing your life or letting things just happen?
Organizing works for me but I do make allowances for some impulses.
- Are you more right brained or left brained?
Right brained-creative, curious and intuitive.
- Which do you prefer, logic or creativity?
Creativity! It’s fun and challenging.
- Do you think opposites truly attract?
Yeah but not in everything. There should be some common ground.
- What is your Hogwarts house?
- Ask for permission or ask for forgiveness?
It depends on the person. If parents, I’d go for the former; any other person, might go for the latter.
- Do you think chemistry is instant or grows with time?
It happens in both ways.
- Do you trust someone until proven otherwise or do you think trust has to be earned no matter who with?
Trust is precious so it must be earned.
- Are there situations in which you think lying is okay or understandable?
Lying is never okay but can be understandable depending on the circumstances.
- Comfortable silences or non-stop conversation?
Both! There’s time for everything so I’d enjoy whichever one I get at a time.
- Do you believe in fate or do you think we’re in complete control over our circumstances?
I believe in fate. I believe we have some control over our circumstances but not absolute.
- Love or money?
Love is the greatest; money answers all things. I’ll choose love.
- Impulsive or methodical?
- Are you pro-technology/constantly connected or do you think digital detoxes are super necessary?
Very pro-tech. Virtual presence sometimes feel more real than physical existence. You lose your phone and you feel cut off from the world though you’re walking on the streets with everyone else.
- Do you think it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
Better to love and lose it. Not to have loved is not to have lived at all.
- Do you question things even if it will bother someone or do you try to not rock the boat?
If it’s not relevant, why bother? But if it is, then I have to.
- TV shows or Movies?
TV shows! Can watch 2-3 episodes non-stop but these days, I fall asleep when watching a movie. Could take 3 days to watch one movie.
- Books or Magazines?
Books! Magazines are colorful but books are magical!
- Which is more preferable-being nice or being fair?
Being fair-not everyone would appreciate your nicety but being fair is beneficial to you personally regardless of what others might think.
- Describe what would bring you the ultimate happiness in life.
To live the life I would call soul-satisfying-writing and serving others.
Whew! It’s a long one, I know. Thanks for reading to the end. Will you help decipher my personality trait? Why not share your thoughts with me? I’d love to know what you’ve discovered about me so far. Can’t wait!
© Josephine Amoako 2016
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks!***