I found the questions below addressing one’s use of social media and I found them interesting. Hopefully by the end of the last question, I can judge for myself if I’m making good use of social media or not. I encourage you to make this inventory too. Let’s go!
1. How many times a day do you check social media?
Quite a lot. Since I follow a number of group threads on Facebook, I receive a lot of notifications which I must attend to. And whenever I feel bored, it is one of my go-to places to find some interesting reads.
2. Which is your favorite social media platform?
To name just one is difficult for me. I like the ones I patronize because they complement each other and I get to discover different creatives and reads across platforms. Facebook for interacting with friends (old, distant and making new ones); Twitter for discovering and engaging with mostly other African bloggers; Instagram for reading poems and quotes from writers from all over the world and Pinterest for blogging tips, writing prompts and mouth-watering recipes.
3. How much data/Wi-Fi do you spend a month?
About 9 Gb. What?😨
4. Have you made any long lasting friendships online?
Not yet. There’s a limit to how far things go with online friends.
5. How many times a day do you post on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook?
6. Do you snap?
Nope. I’m not a video person. I haven’t found use for Snapchat yet.
7. Do you always have your phone with you?
Most of the time, yes. It’s an extension of my hand and head, I think. Lol
8. Who would you trust with your passwords?
9. Do you use social media as a business tool?
10. How careful are you on social media?
Very. If it’s one thing I’ve come to realize, it’s that social media/internet doesn’t forget. Whatever you post in anger or haste could come back to haunt you. So whenever I feel like venting online, I pause and think of how relevant that post is and if I would feel proud of myself an hour, day or year later. If it’s a no, I keep my sentiments to myself. The same is with commenting on someone else’s post. The best I can do is react to a post and scroll down.
11. Do you google everything?
For what I don’t know or not sure of, yes. It’s safer to be sure of some rumor or information.
12. Is your mom/dad on Facebook?
13. Do you get your news on social media or from an online news platform?
Both but I make sure to verify it from an online news platform.
14. Do you have Pinterest? What do you use it for?
Yes I do (find me here). I use it to discover writing/blogging resources, writing prompts and recipes.
15. Do you have a Myspace account?
I remember creating one years ago but I guess I never activated it. Because I tried signing in a couple of years after its creation, it didn’t work and I didn’t bother creating a new one.
16. Do you follow trends you see online?
Fashion, no. Writing, I read them and pick the ones I find relevant.
17. Have you ever made something by following a blog post or YouTube video?
I have tried my hands on some tips provided by some blogging pros. Not yet for YouTube.
18. Who are your favorite Instagram users?
Every creative person is my favorite user on Instagram. Very inspiring world out there.
19. Do you remember your first email address?
Yep. It’s what I’m using now.
20. Do you use Skype and how often do you video call?
I have an account but I hardly use it. I’m yet to do a successful video call without network hitches.
1. Text vs Call– Text.
2. Facebook vs Twitter-Twitter. I find it more engaging.
3. Cellphone vs tablet– Cellphone. Not too conspicuous.
4. Instagram vs Snapchat– Instagram.
5. WordPress or Blogger– WordPress all the way! How else would I have found all of you?
Hope you enjoyed the post. So far, I think I’m using social media fairly well but there’s always room for improvement. What about you? Care to try your hands on it? I’d love to read!
Thanks for reading.
© Josephine Amoako 2016
***Kindly subscribe to my newsletter here. Thanks. ***