I woke up to the delight of knowing that I’ve been nominated for the Leibster award again. It is indeed overwhelming that fellow bloggers consider Joseyphina’s World worth nominating over and over again. Help me thank Prasenjit and M’afua for nominating me by visiting their blogs. You’ll have a good time.
And as we all know, to every nomination, there are rules. They are:
The questions put to me were:
1. From what country do you belong? What do you like most about your country?
I hail from Ghana, proudly known as the Black Star of Africa. I love my country because of its hospitality. Anyone can enter the country and feel right at home. Ghanaians are sweet like that.
2. Name your favorite movie. Why is it your favorite?
Now, that’s hard. I can’t name just one. So I’d name the most recent movies I’ve watched that I totally loved: The Words and the Lost Valentine.
3. Define love and friendship.
With love, I’d simply say God is love. That is the best definition of love that I know. No amount of words can perfectly sum up the meaning of love than the Giver of Life and the Lover of my soul. Friendship is a precious gift of mutually benefiting from the companionship, love and loyalty with someone.
4. Which was the last book/novel/story you read that had a great impact on you?
Native Son by Richard Wright.
5. Narrate a funny incident of your life.
Um…I think I’ve shared it before: a colleague at work and I clocking out a few minutes after our boss had left and taking a troksi to find her in the back seat staring at us. It totally wasn’t funny at the moment with our stiff necks throughout the journey but whenever I think of it, I can’t help but laugh at myself.
6. What do you aspire to become in life?
Beyond whatever career path I choose to pursue, I aspire to an influencer in my time. I want to go down in history books as someone who helped make the world a better place with her inspiring words.
7. Why do you write?
Why, because I just can’t not write! I believe it’s my calling; a special assignment to which I must fulfil to the best of my ability.
8. Can money buy happiness? Please be honest.
Well, happiness is a positive reaction to pleasant happenings. And money can afford the superficial side of happiness. But personally, the things that can give true happiness to the soul (i.e. joy) cannot be bought with money.
9. Whom do you love the most in the world?
Jesus is my numero uno amor. Why, because He loved me that much to die for me! I believe love is best expressed by the extent of sacrifice one can make for the other and though I appreciate my family and friends for what they have done for me, nothing surpasses the love Jesus displayed for me even when I didn’t deserve it. I’m still trying to decipher the levels of His love and each one never fails to overwhelm me. Okay, let me shut up now.
10. Are you a veggie or non–veggie? What’s your favorite food?
Non-veggie. I wasn’t brought up to be a veggie and I can’t see myself converting to one anytime soon. Just one favorite food? Now, that’s hard. I do have a healthy appetite. There are lot of Ghanaian delicacies to choose from: Jollof rice, waakye, plantain and beans, Kofi brokeman (roasted plantain with groundnuts)… I’ll pause here.
11. Which is your favorite sport and sportsperson?
I enjoy football (soccer), basketball and athletics. My favorite sportsperson would be Cristiano Ronaldo. Why, because he inspires me-that through diligence and passion, you can be the very best at what you love to do. So give me the chance to just scream Hala Madrid!
Now, 11 facts about me:
1. I am Christian, I’m sure you’d have figured it out by now.
2. I love sweet foods but can’t stand the too-sweet ones. I know, it’s complicated.
3. I really value friendship so I don’t take my friends for granted. I believe it’s my responsibility to show them all the love and give them all the support I can.
4. I love movies and TV series. I just don’t watch them for the fun of it; I must know the names of the cast, writer, director and producer. Yeah, it is a must! It’s what makes the whole experience wholesome to me.
5. I love to laugh. Hard. Till tears run down my face. It has proven to be very therapeutic.
6. I can’t stand loud and noisy people especially when they are not in their allowed ‘zone of company.’
7. When I greet you once, twice, thrice and you deliberately ignore, I’m done. Till death do us part.
8. People say I look like my mother but apart from that, I’m more like my father. No wonder I was named after him.
9. I suddenly get in a cheerful mood when a cooked meal is ready. Does it mean I like food?
10. I love to read and listen to good music.
11. I’m still a working progress.
To the questions I’m supposed to pose to them, I really enjoyed answering mine and I would like my nominees to kindly answer them too. I can’t wait to read them!
I’m sure I’ve nominated some of them before for the same award but I hope you don’t mind. I wish I could add more to the list because there a whole lot of amazing bloggers I love but I’m sure another opportunity would present itself for me to do just that.
Happy weekend, everyone! Stay blessed and be safe.
Josephine Amoako © 2016